Why R-410A Is Better Than R-22?
By now you have a strong hint why R-410A is better than and preferred over R-22. It must be remembered that both are refrigerants and R-410A is the better candidate between the two. Here are some facts that will give any user a better idea of the difference between these two refrigerants.
IMPORTANT FACTS WHY R-410A IS BETTER THAN R-22
Facts given below are about the characteristics of both refrigerants as well as their current use in the industry and homes:
- First, R-22 is the old and widely used refrigerant which has been used by people for decades now. R-410A is the new ac unit refrigerant and you can expect that it will have better characteristics than the previously used refrigerant.
- The main issue that arises while using a refrigerant in an AC for example is the leakage of gas and its impact on the Ozone layer. R-22 which is also known as Freon has been depleting the Ozone layer for decades and the scientists finally felt that there should be a refrigerant which is not as harmful to the Ozone layer as R-22 is.
- R-22 is phasing out and with time you will notice the price of R-22 rising. There will be a time in near future where R-22 systems will not even be allowed to use and using them could result in heavy fines. So in the long term, it is better that users purchase systems that require R-410A refrigerant.
- The manufacturing of R-22 has come to a halt in 2010 and users today are only able to use the recycled R-22.
- The energy efficiency of R-410A is far better than that of R-22. Compressors that are working with R-410A today can be observed to see their cool and quiet operation as compared to the noisy and less efficient systems having R-22 as their coolant.
- In a nutshell, in the short and long term both, R-410A is a better choice because it will save the users from hefty energy bills and repair costs in future – not to mention the harmful environmental effects of R-22.
For users who are interested in buying new air conditioners, heaters or replacing their old compressors should only opt for R-410A as their preferred coolant. Further information could always be obtained from experts in the field and no one could help you better than Climate Control Experts with any air conditioning and heating related issues, especially for the people of Las Vegas.