Should You Clean, Repair, Or Replace Your Ducts?
At Climate Control Experts, we are always looking to help you make the most educated and cost-effective decisions when it comes to your HVAC system. If you feel as though your system is not doing its job, then it may be time to check your ductwork. If you find that your home has leaky, damaged or unusable ductwork, it could severely impact the efficiency of your system. The next step is deciding whether it’s necessary to clean, repair, or totally replace your duct system.
Climate Control Experts is here to help you decipher which option would be best for your ductwork and your home. Here are some signs to help you recognize when it’s time to consult an expert on whether to clean, repair or replace those ducts:
- Is there a dramatic temperature difference from one room to another? This can be caused by a number of issues, including air or duct leakage, or even poor duct system design.
- Is there more dust in your home than usual? This could be due to tears and leaks in your duct system, which brings in unwanted dust and bacteria particles.
- If your home is relatively new, it may be more cost-effective to repair the duct system rather than replace it.
- Have you noticed the presence of mold in your ducts or vents? This has the potential to become a serious health hazard and can be difficult to remove with a simple cleaning.
- Did you just install a new heat pump or air conditioning system in your home? An older duct system may not be able to handle the new level of efficiency and could break or tear, or leak your conditioned air.
Although some of these signs may seem a little scary or hard to catch, Climate Control Experts is equipped to deal with them all. From a simple check to a deep cleaning or total replacement, we can do it all. Our honest technicians can help you make the right decision for your home and your wallet; all you have to do is call!